Saturday, May 3, 2008

The fire is now officially lit

Well, the guy I ghostwrite for has asked me to hold off on sending any more articles for the next few weeks, until he can catch up on the ones I've already submitted and get everything in order. He's extremely busy and I totally understand where he's coming from. I have no problem with the request. The only thing is, my income will be cut by about $80 per week. YOUCH!

So...I'm thinking maybe this is exactly what I need. Yeah, I know. Losing $80 a week doesn't seem like like an "I need this" kind of thing. But God's really been urging me to finish my manuscript and because I've been so busy, I just haven't been able to make any progress.

Well...Now I will have extra time. Now is THE time. Now I have no excuses. I need to get that blasted thing finished! I will be turning 40 (oh, wow, that number looks even worse than it sounds) in a couple of weeks and the best birthday present I can give myself is to accomplish my dream. Don't you think?

Not to mention, this manuscript finalled in the Genesis contest and has already been requested by an agent. Making an agent wait months and months is so not cool and totally unprofessional. Excuse me a sec...slap...

K, I'm back.

So, in this interim, while I wait for word to start submitting articles again, I aim to: enter a couple of contests, maybe write a magazine article or two, and also submit another batch of greeting card copy to DaySpring. Oh. And, of course, finish that manuscript. The first draft, anyway. Revisions will come later, but I can't wait any longer to see how it ends. The suspense is killing me!

So if you have an extra 30 seconds, say a prayer for me. Cheer me on as I race toward the finish. Think I'll be able to beat the calendar and type "The End" by the end of the month?

Stay tuned....

No comments: