Sunday, June 22, 2008

There's More than One of Me!

Okay, not really. But sort of.

I was bored yesterday - can you believe it? Bored doesn't happen often for me, but I was finished with my freelance work and had spent time on my usual message boards and even worked on my novel a bit. So I decided to google myself. I do that from time to time because how cool is it to see links to MY work that go on for four of five pages? (In case you're wondering, it's VERY cool!)

Anyhoo, after getting my little "me" fix (gotta work on that swollen head thing), I decide to google my maiden name, Lynda Vermeer.

Now, there are relatively few Vermeers at all (except maybe in the Netherlands), let alone one with my first name. But, lo and behold, besides a couple links to me, like from Classmates.com, a Linda Vermeer (with an "i") pops up on Google. So, of course I click on it to see just who this other "me" is. It turns out, she is a writer who has a book of poetry published through Lulu! How weird is that? (In case you're wondering, it's VERY weird!)

I'll probably try and contact her just for kicks. I'm thinking we'll get along famously because, after all, I've always gotten along very well with myself.

Now, if she's engaged to or married to someone named Rob or who's last name is Schab, or if her middle name is Lee (like mine)...how creepy would THAT be? (In case you're wondering, it would be VERY creepy. But kinda cool, too.)

So have you googled yourself lately? You just never know what (or who) you'll find!

2 comments:

LauraLee Shaw said...

Okay, this is funny! I actually have my name set up to send me a google notification every day. It googles my name for me and shows me where it is found. I discovered another writer named Laura L. Shaw, which is why I changed my pen name to LauraLee Shaw. For now, I'm the only one.

It is easy to set up a notification...and I do so also with my web name and my user name, lovinthearts. Give it a try!

Julie Arduini said...

Every once in awhile I do the same and last week had quite the result that I plan to blog about.

But there is another Julie Arduini out there (God bless her) and she is a track star in high school I think. I saw she is on facebook and was going to ask if we could be friends but don't want to scare her!