Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Freelancing Services

So, as much as I love fiction and am trying to finish my novel, fiction just doesn't pay the bills (it doesn't pay ANYTHING, actually. At least, not YET. Gotta stay optimistic, here.)

In the meantime, while I slowly make my way towards a full-time fiction career, I do freelance work. And I love it. I love working from home, I love the variety, and of course I love being able to get paid to do what I love to do, no matter what type of writing it is.

As you may or may not know, Michigan's economy is not particularly booming at the moment. In fact, Michigan is ranked 4th in the country for unemployment and our housing market stinks (to put it mildly). People are fleeing this state faster at record speed. And I can't say I blame them!

Personally, I am so very blessed that my husband has a good job, let alone a job at all. And I am thankful for the clients I have but I would welcome a few more! So I wanted to put a notice here, listing my services. If you, or anyone you know, are looking for a freelancer, give me a shout. I'd love to work with you! And feel free to check out my website, which also provides my freelance services and fees.

  • Web Content Writing - Most of my content writing experience is in the categories of Family/Parenting, working at home, and anything related to Christian living. Also experienced in research. If you need content for your website, blog, or e-zine, let me know! Samples upon request. Rates $15 / 500-word article, $25 / 1,000-words.
  • Light Critique / Editing - I've placed in several fictional contests and have five years experience in proofreading and light critique. I provide an inexpensive way to polish up that manuscript before submitting to publications/contests. Client testimonies upon request. Rates from $5+
  • Newsletters - I have been writing newsletters for a couple of different websites for two years now. Tailored to your specific needs, either for business or personal. Sample #1, Sample #2 . Rates vary.
  • Interviews - I have conducted dozens of interviews with writers through FaithReaders.com and FaithWriters.com, including interviews with the Best of the Best Challenge Winners. Sample #1, Sample #2. Rates vary
  • Forums / Message Board Moderator - I currently moderate/Administer two message board communities and I love it! If you are looking for someone to control Spam, initiate posts, and keep the momentum going on your forums, I'll be glad to help you out! Prices from $35/week+
  • Fun Stuff - I write humorous poetry, as well as regularly create my own "candy bar poems" for all sorts of occasions, from "over-the-hill" birthdays to bridal showers. Prices vary.
So I hope you don't mind this little business plea. Feel free to pass along this information to anyone you think would be interested! I appreciate the referrals!

No comments: