So a few days ago, I posted my blog, "All I Want for Christmas." Now that Christmas is over, I'll tell you all I GOT for Christmas (because I'm sure you're dying to know!)
1. A Salad Spinner. Remember how I mentioned this as one of the practical things that was on my wish list? Well, I got it! No more soggy lettuce for me - now I can spin that water right out of those leaves for a nice, crisp salad. This is just what I need to start off my Weight Watchers diet on January 5. The real gift is no more Writer's Butt in 2009!
2. A Coffee Grinder. My old one is a hundred years old and the blades are pretty dull. It was time for a new coffee grinder and Santa delivered! This gift is absolutely perfect for all that caffeine I'll be consuming in the wee morning hours as I create the next great American novel!
3. A Gift Card to JC Penney. Yippee! My favorite clothing store. I will be spending this gift on new work-out clothes (see #1).
4. Japanese Cherry Blossom shower gel and lotion from Bath & Body Works. This stuff rocks! And it also stays with you for at least a couple of days which will benefit my family greatly, especially if I'm on a roll and don't feel like interrupting my writing to shower.
5. A Massage Gift Certificate! I can now look forward to either four 1/2 hour massages or two one-hour massages. My aching back and neck are already screaming with delight! Six to seven hours a day at the computer will do that.
And my very favorite Christmas gift this year...
6. A Reminder. I received a much needed reminder of just how awesome my family is. And that no matter how much "stuff" they give me, it doesn't hold a candle to the love they offer me every day.
Yep, it's confirmed. I'm truly blessed.