Monday, April 20, 2009

Looking for a Few Good Wahms

As a freelance writer, one of my assignments is writing a monthly newsletter for WahmZone.com - a website for moms who work at home. As a work-from-home mom myself, I enjoy this job and love getting to know other women who choose to work from home. I also moderate the forums at WahmZone and I have met some wonderful ladies there. We have great fun chatting on the boards about business, our families, our goals, and anything else that's on our minds (and usually, that's a lot!)

So anyway, in every monthly newsletter, I include a Featured Wahm section, where I interview one or two work-at-home Moms about her business(es). Not only does this give other moms a chance to check out great possible work-at-home opportunities, but it also allows a spotlight to shine on an individual woman and the wonderful job she does balancing work and home.

I am beginning to prepare the May newsletter and I am looking for a few good Moms for the Featured Wahm section. If you work from home, please leave a comment here with an email address so I can get in touch with you. Your work-at-home job can be full-time or part-time or it can be a supplemental job, meaning you may also hold an out-of-the-home job. Anything you do to make money at home constitutes as "work-at-home" and qualifies you to be featured.

If you'd like to check out the types of questions I ask (many times they're pretty general and focus on the aspects of your business), visit the WahmZone Newsletter Archives.

In the meantime, feel free to jump over to the message boards to start chatting about all things work-at-home-mom related (and not).

I'd love to feature you and your business. Again, post your contact information here giving me permission to get in touch for an interview. Hope to hear from you soon!

2 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

I'm a WAHM. I'm an author and a mom of six, including 8-month-old triplets. I'm also an online college student.

God bless!

nicoleodell6@gmail.com

Jan Cline said...

Well, I'm a WAHG (work at home grandma) if you run out of moms! Im an author, singer, songwriter and new entrapenuer. I also watch my grandson once a week and do scrapbook consulting. Getting a business up at my age (55) has been a challenge!

Blessings....love your site.