Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Errors, Operations, and Abortions ... Oh my!

My blog is being naughty. OK, it's not really my blog, it's blogger, in general. Supposedly, there's a bug for those of us dumb enough to be using Internet Explorer (I can say that because I'm one of them). I use Mozilla Firefox on my desktop and have no problems. I should (and probably will) switch over to Firefox on my laptop, too. IE is a bug magnet. And for those of you who know me, you know how much I DESPISE bugs.

If you receive an error message that says:

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site.

Operation aborted


It's not you. It's all Blogger's fault.

In the past week, 90% of the times that I've visited my blog, I've received this error message. But sometimes it works fine. Like now, which is why I am able to post this - ok, so I got the error message the first eight times I tried, but it finally went through with no annoying error.

But, we're told, they are working on the issue and will let us know when it's resolved. So, for now, hang tight. I apologize for the inconvenience and hopefully the problem will be fixed soon.

Til then, switch over to Firefox and you shouldn't have a problem. Seriously.

Don't forget, I'll be posting the winner of the FaithWriters anthology, Hidden in the Hymns, on Friday. That is, IF Blogger cooperates. If you missed it, leave a comment on last Friday's post, naming your favorite hymn. Winner will be chosen at random from all comments received. Good luck!

Til then, may your days be error and "operation aborted" free!

3 comments:

Angie Vik said...

I had the same problem and before realizing it was Blogger's problem, was afraid I'd accidentally broken my blog.
On Blogger forum, people said that removing the Follower feature will allow your blog to work. That worked on mine. Another person tried moving their Follower box to the bottom and that worked. I'm not getting the error message anymore so I put the follower box back and things are fine. I also discovered that when the error message popped up, hitting the refresh button or the back arrow took me to the page I wanted. Hopefully Blogger will fix this soon.

Dara said...

I only ever use Firefox, at least while at home. Unfortunately there's still a number of sites that don't work with it, so I still will need to occassionally use IE.

Tammy said...

Lynda,

So it's blogger's fault! Yeah! And not my computer. Yes, I use IE! lol

One of these days I'll install Firefox. ;)