Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Writer's Conferences

So I have the nicest dad ever. No really, stop arguing. I do.

A few months ago, he told me that if I finaled in the Genesis Contest again this year, he would pay my way to the ACFW conference.

I got to work on my manuscripts and entered two - to give me a better chance. The opportunity to attend this awesome conference and get to meet my favorite authors, learn a TON about my craft, PITCH to editors and agents, not to mention go to gorgeous DENVER, CO ... it all depended on whether or not I finaled.

Oh, the pressure!

But ... lo and behold, it happened. And my dad, true to his word, is paying my way.

Needless to say, I am ecstatic. And I've already registered. So now, come September, it's Denver or bust!

I have to admit, besides being ecstatic, I am also a little anxious. I have a lot of work to do in the next few months - making travel arrangements, researching the agents and editors that will be there, and preparing my manuscripts and proposals. Oh, and losing a few pounds would be nice, too.

Because writer's conferences are so instrumental in furthering writing careers and getting new writers one step closer to publication, I have put together a list of some upcoming writer's conferences you may want to consider. Hope you get a chance to attend at least one.

And I wish everyone had a dad as cool as mine.

THANKS, DAD! YOU ROCK!


American Christian Fiction Writers - Denver, CO (September 2009)

Romance Writers of America - Washington, D.C. (July 2009)

FaithWriters - Livonia/Detroit, MI (August, 2009)

Maranatha (Write with Purpose) - Muskegon, MI (September 2009)

Write to Publish - Wheaton, IL (June, 2009)

Glorieta Christian Writers Conference - Near Santa Fe, NM (October, 2009)

Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers Conference - Philadelphia, PA (August, 2009)

Writing for the Soul - Denver, CO (February, 2010)

Oregon Christian Writers Summer Coaching Conference - Canby, OR (July, 2009)

St. David's Christian Writing Conference - Grove City, PA (June, 2009)

Kentucky Christian Writers Conference - Elizabeth Town, KY (June, 2009)

Southern Christian Writers Conference - Tuscaloosa, AL (June, 2009)

Festival of Faith & Writing - April, 2010 (Grand Rapids, MI)

8 comments:

Carla Gade said...

Congrats on becoming a finalist again!! I hope you have a great experience at the conference. Great Dad you have there, but he must feel he has a great daughter, too!

casey said...

So happy for you! I just went to the Colorado Christian Writer's Conference. It was awesome! It is wonderful to have support from your family. My family encourages me, too.

Joanne Sher said...

AWESOME, Lynda! I REALLY need to make it to one of the Michigan ones (besides the one I know I'm going to LOL). And yes, YOUR dad rocks!!

Karen Wilber said...

That's wonderful--and you do have a cool dad. You are blessed to have a supportive family.

Cindy R. Wilson said...

That's wonderful! And thanks for the list of other conferences.

Julie Arduini said...

It's obvious his kindness is contagious because you took the time to share this great info with us.

I'm so excited for you, I know it's busy but I'm not so secretly hoping you blog your way through your conference prep and experience!

jenness said...

Awesome, Lynda!!! Looking forward to meeting you! Thank your dad for me. lol

Jill said...

Thanks for the list of writers conferences. I attended the Festival of Faith & Writing at Calvin College in 2008 and hope to go next year. The experience was AMAZING!! Highly recommended!