I can hardly believe it's been a month since I posted the last Month in Review. With the start of school and my kids sporting events, it's been a whir of activity. But despite all of the personal stuff, there have been a few writing related highlights, as well. So, in a nutshell (pardon the cliche'), here is my September in review:
- I reached 200 followers! This was celebrated with a nice book giveaway (congrats to KarenK!). Since then, I have gained 16 more followers, which is a huge blessing (and a nice thing to mention in the marketing section of my book proposals.)
- The ACFW Conference went on without me (sniff). I'll admit, there was a part of me that thought maybe they would delay it until I could actually attend. But, sigh...it didn't happen. Instead, thousands of authors and editors and agents got together at the Hyatt Regency in Indianapolis and laughed, ate, fellowshipped, and "talked shop" while I sat home in my jammies, crying into my ice cream bowl. I hated missing out, but have been loving all of the recaps and photos. And, as they say, there's always next year...
- I did NOT win my category in the Genesis contest. Disappointed? A little. But it's all good. Finaling was seriously a huge honor.
- The 12 BOOKS OF CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY kicked off! Yes, Christmas is still almost three months away, but who can resist a great giveaway? Especially one featuring Christmas books! The first giveaway ends tonight at midnight. If you missed it, click on over and enter: A WOODLAND CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY. Then check back every Monday for the next 11 weeks for more chances to win and to meet some amazing authors!
- I was interviewed by Amy Tate, with Write2Ignite.com and got to talk about my writing, my novel, and other fun stuff. If you get a chance, I'd love for you to check it out: WRITE2IGNITE INTERVIEW
- I officially became a book reviewer for FaithfulReader.com. Haven't blogged about this yet, but I just submitted my first review earlier this week. Once it's posted, I'll be sure to leave the link (it's a good one!)
So tell me. What were the highlights of your September?