Wow. Could I be any more spoiled? Hmmm...let me think about it.
Before I get to my annual Loot List from my husband and kids, I have to mention two other gifts I received. My mom gave me my yearly Franklin Planner pages, which I would totally be lost without. I carry my planner with me wherever I go and I truly appreciate her renewing my pages every year. Mom is such a blessing!
My dad did something cool this year. He had one of our old movie reels transferred onto a DVD. When I popped it in the DVD player, I realized I had never seen those particular clips. They were of me when I was a baby, through about age 5. Talk about priceless. And not to brag or anything, but I was so darn cute! :-) He made a copy for my mom, too, which I think was pretty thoughtful.
Now, on to the spoiling I got from my fam.:
* Those who know me well know that I battle neck issues. I have one of those older model shiatsu massagers that are boxy and difficult to maneuver over problem areas, so I rarely use it. When I saw a new softer version that conforms to your neck with various settings (vibrate, shiatsu and heat) in the Bed, Bath & Beyond circular ad, I put it on my list. And my amazing family came through. Not sure if they wanted to bless me or are just glad to get out of having to rub my neck anymore, but it really doesn't matter to me. My neck thanks them!
* I love Smelly Stuff... especially Dark Kiss and Twilight Woods shower gel and lotion...two amazing scents from Bath & Body. I have enough now to last me a few months. Ah....
* There's not much I like more than shopping, and JC Penney tops my list of places to go. They carry the brands that seem to fit me best and I can't wait to get to the mall.
* OK, there is one thing I like more than shopping and that is going to the movies. Yes, I'm quite the addict and my family knows it. That's why they got me a Celebration Cinema gift card. Woot!
* Another favorite thing to do is meet friends for coffee. And because I now have a Biggby gift card, I won't have to pull out my wallet for a while.
* Have you seen gas prices lately? Ridiculous! Which is why I am geeked about my gas gift card. My family thought it was kind of cheesy, but now that I'm taking in less money because the consignment store where I worked closed down, this gas card will come in handy! I love it!
* More shopping...this time at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I love this store and find the coolest stuff there. Plus, they always have great coupons. Being Dutch and taking in less money every month, this works for me!
* For a while now, I've wanted a book I can use for a portfolio of sorts. Something I can display all of my writing articles, greeting cards, and awards. I got the coolest book just for that. Now I get to have fun putting it all together. I'll try to post some pics when I'm done.
See? TOLD you I was spoiled!
But the most precious gift my family gave me this year was themselves. We had the best time on Christmas Eve, playing games (we made up some cool new rules for Sorry Sliders), eating subs, and opening gifts. It's not often that we're all together (those with teenagers can surely relate!), so a day like this is to be treasured. Before we know it, the kids will have their own families (hopefully not TOO before-we-know-it), which is even more of a reason to savor the moment.
So what about you? What did "Santa" bring you this year?