Wow! What a year it's been! Lots of cool things to share.
1. Got an Agent. The year started out with a bang when, in January, Terry Burns offered to represent me. No contract yet, but at least my work is getting put in front of editors. I'm good with that!
2. Finaled in the Genesis contest. This was the third year in a row that I finaled and I was absolutely thrilled. I will also point out that it was also the third year in a row that I didn't come in first. I'm beginning to get the "always a finalist, never a winner" complex, but it won't deter me from entering again this year. I intend to enter until I'm ineligible (that would be when I land a contract and will no longer be an "unpublished author."). As much as I love entering (and finaling) in the Genesis, "ineligible" would be just fine with me. Seriously, simply finaling in this prestigious contest, loaded with competition from phenomenal authors, truly makes me feel like a winner.
3. Was featured in my local newspaper. Read the article HERE.
4. Was Interviewed. Twice! First in CreativingWritingNow, then in Write2Ignite. I am still scratching my head at the thought that someone would want to interview me. Wow.
5. Became an official book reviewer for FaithfulReader.com. I love this job and look forward to reviewing tons of great books in 2011.
6. Became a contributing writer for TheBarnDoor.net, a blog that looks at life through Midwestern eyes. I'm excited to be a part of this fun and unique blog with a group of such talented writers and all-around fabulous ladies from the Midwest!
7. Had a few articles published. Three in LIVE, the Sunday School take-home paper for the First Assemblies of God church and one in Mature Living Magazine.
8. Started blogging for FaithWriters. Check out the blog HERE.
9. Taught two workshops at the FaithWriters conference in August. Kicked THAT fear in the teeth!
10. Collaborated with three other authors on a novella collection. Just submitted the proposal a few weeks ago.
So that's my year in a nutshell. God has been way too good to me and I am both awed and humbled by every door that's been opened. I'm so looking forward to an even awesomer 2011! :-)
What about you? What 2010 news do you have to shout about?