Kiwi Publishing is looking for true, inspirational stories of 1200 words or less that will make readers laugh, cry, or sigh. Stories should be positive, universal, and non-controversial. The "point" or "message" should be evident without preaching. No essays, commentaries, tributes, philosophical or biographical pieces will be accepted. We are currently collecting stories in the following categories:
- Thin Threads of Women & Friendship
- Thin Threads of Veterans & Heroes
- Thin Threads of Pets & Companions
- Thin Threads of Faith & Hope
- Thin Threads of Family & Legacy
- Thin Threads of Moms & Grandmas
- Thin Threads of Dads & Grandpas
- Thin Threads of Holidays & Celebrations (including Romance/Valentine's Day)
- Thin Threads of Teens & Young Adults
- Thin Threads of Babies & New Parents
1. Be real, nonfiction
2. Capture the essence of a thin thread event
3. Evoke an emotion from the reader
You may submit more than one story for any of our upcoming titles. Please select stories from your own experiences, or from someone in your life.
Should your story be selected and be included in one of the Thin Thread book series, a permission fee of $100 will be paid to you. To submit your story, click here.
WORD AFLAME PUBLICATIONS
Word Aflame welcomes submissions for The Vision, their Sunday School take-home paper. They are in need of personal experience, interviews, fiction, poetry, and devotionals.
Check out the complete submission guidelines here: Submission Guidelines