Thursday, November 24, 2011

Beyond Blessed



I honestly don't think I've ever been as thankful as I am this year. As I look back on the past several months, my heart bursts with thanksgiving to God for all He's done for me. I am way beyond blessed. A few things on my thankful list:

1. My husband. I'll be real. My husband and I have probably experienced more ups and downs than the typical married couple. I won't go into details, but I'll just say that for the past 23 years, we've put in a lot of work to make it work. But this past year he's shown me how hard he wants to fight for us. And for that, I am truly grateful. I'm discovering a new love for my husband. God is still in the heart-changing business!

2. My kids. Okay, so some days I'm not so thankful for my kids. Particularly when they are copping an attitude (which, with teenagers is pretty much every day). But Zach and Lyndsey make me laugh, keep me grounded, and have allowed me to feel a level of love I never knew I was capable of experiencing. They make me a better person. At least during the times I'm not yelling at them.

3. My friends. I can hardly believe how many wonderful people God has brought into my life over the past few years. This year, especially, I have met some of the most precious women ever. Friends who have encouraged me, supported me, and challenged me as a writer, a Christian, and a woman.

4. My church. I am so blessed to be a part of a church that's alive and growing! A church whose focus is on touching others and changing lives. This year, I had the opportunity to co-write the grand Christmas production, How Christmas Saved the Grinch, which will take place on December 10 and 11. My co-writer (Diane Loew) and I started way back in February. It has been nothing short of amazing to see this project come to life. I can't wait to see what God will do!

5. Favor. I feel like I've been living under an umbrella of favor over the past year. Contests won, opportunities offered, and finally that book contract I've been waiting for! So thankful for every door God has opened (and closed) that has brought me to where I am today.


Today I am a guest blogger on my friend Julie Arduini's blog, The Surrendered Scribe. Join me as I talk about thankfulness for my writing journey.

Wishing you heaps of blessings this Thanksgiving!

No comments: