Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Fire Under My Fanny

Remember the other day when I laughed at the thought of finishing my novel in a month?

Well, that moment came back to bite me in the butt.

A couple days after that post, I received a phone call from the coordinator of the "Get Your Stiletto in the Door" contest and she informed me that although the final scores are not in yet, she did receive the scores from one of the judges - a literary agent - and that she requested my full manuscript.

Okay...humor me here...WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEE-HAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YIPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that. I'm just a tad excited.

Anyway, after picking my jaw up off the floor and getting my breathing under control, I told the coordinator that my manuscript isn't, um, finished.

Alrighty then.

Well, she checked with the agent about whether I should send a partial or if she wanted to wait for the finished MS. The agent told her to have me pass along the full when it's ready.

Whew!

Now it's time, folks. Time for me to light the match and sit on it. Time for me to warm up my fingers for hours of keyboard pounding. Time to tap into my creativity and unleash 30,000 more words of brilliance. Time to lock my Distraction Diva and Procrastination Princess in a tower and throw away the key. Time to post the Pizza Hut and Chinese Take-out numbers on the wall next to my computer. Time to become a hermit (and my husband thinks I am one already - ha!)

It's time to work.

My goal is to have a finished manuscript - ready to be sent - by the end of the year.

Think I can do it?

Stay tuned...

No comments: