Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Making Progress...but...CRASH!

Hey, I'm finally making progress on my novel! Yay for me! I've added another few thousand words in the past few days and am excited about where the story is going.

But I've got a big BUT (that's BUT, not BUTT - however, the other could be true as well, depending on the jeans I'm wearing).

Ready for my BUT? My computer keeps crashing. ARGH! Talk about the worst possible time. SO inconvenient, I'm telling you!

So now I just pray that it doesn't crash before I can back up my book. In fact, I've been emailing an attached copy of my ms to my mom every couple pages or so, so at least she has it. That way, if my computer completely bites the dust, my "baby" will be safe and she can send it back to me later.

We're researching computer fixers at the moment and will need to get it looked at asap. The thing is, because I use my computer for hours every day (what on earth did we ever do without computers anyway?) I can't afford to part with it for very long. So, QUICK and CHEAP...those are our two main objectives. Well, I guess QUALITY would be nice too. Don't want it crashing again in six months.

Hopefully, within the week we'll have a crash-free computer again. In the meantime, where did I put my helmet?

Cross-posted from ShoutLife

1 comment:

Julie Arduini said...

I'm praying for you AND your computer. I'm fascinated with your journey here, I can't wait to read your post that says it's not just done but on bookshelves everywhere!

Best wishes as you continue on.