Wednesday, December 5, 2007

FaithWriters Page Turner Winners Announced!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After several months of waiting, results were announced Friday for the FaithWriters first Page Turner Contest. Each year, the contest will alternate between fiction and non-fiction. This year, the focus was on fiction. FaithWriters 500 members were invited to submit the first page of their manuscript, along with a synopsis of the entire projected novel.

There was one winner (Yay, JC!) who received an $800 cash prize, free editing, publicity, the works!

In addition to the Grand Prize winner, two runners up were selected. And - WOO-HOO!!! - I was one of them! The first chapter of my WIP, Mind Over Madi, received a Highly Commended award. For me, this is yet another indication that I need to get that novel finished!

I will receive half-price editing from Finesse Editing Service, as well as a special award plaque.

I'll try to post the press release as soon as it becomes available.

No comments: