Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A BRAND NEW YEAR!

Wow! Where did the last year go, anyway? Seriously!

God opened many writing doors for me in 2007. Here are some of the highlights:

  • My manuscript, Mind Over Madi, finalled in the Get Your Stiletto in the Door contest through Chicklitwriters.com.
  • I received a request for the full manuscript from literary agent, Mary Sue Seymour of the Seymour Agency
  • The first chapter of Mind Over Madi received a Highly Commended award in the FaithWriters Page Turner contest.
  • THREE greeting card pieces were accepted by DaySpring Cards
  • Struggle Creek was published and is now available for purchase - this is a collaborative novel in which I wrote the first chapter.
  • 6 of my FaithWriters Writing Challenge entries placed in the top 10, FOUR of those made #1.
  • The FaithWriters anthology Abundance of Life was published, which includes two of my Challenge pieces.
  • The FaithWriters anthology Hidden in the Hymns was published, which includes four of my Challenge pieces.
  • I acquired several paying monthly freelance writing assignments.
  • I became a monthly contributor for my church's e-newsletter, The Link.
Reviewing that list, I am amazed (and humbled). God is so good! I look forward to an even better 2008 (if that's possible!) God is definitely in the out-doing Himself business! Just when things are great, fabulous comes along. Then marvelous, then outstanding, then....you get my drift. What an awesome God we serve!

Thanks to all of you for sharing in my achievements, as well as my disappointments (there were a few of those, too!) I praise God for friends and family like you.

I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to post messages on my blogs or pop in to my ShoutLife page and say hi. Take advantage of the links posted on this page and check out some of my friends' blogs and websites too! Sign up on my blog to receive notice of new postings. I may even hold a few contests this year so you'll want to be sure and get in on those!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
May God continually pour out His favor on you and give you a year filled with health, joy, peace, prosperity, and abundant love.

No comments: