Monday, August 10, 2009

Sniff...Sniff...Conference is Over

Is it 2011 yet?

The reason I ask is because even though I just returned from the 2009 FaithWriters conference, I am counting the days until the next one, probably to be held in 2011.

Yes - it was THAT wonderful!

Not only was it awesome to meet some fellow FaithWriters for the first time and reconnect with others I met at the last conference, the teaching was fabulous! Between speakers Linore Rose Burkard - an ACFW author with 3 books under her belt so far, and Deb Porter - a true friend and beautiful lady who is the heart and face behind FaithWriters, and Cori Smelker - a real-life Super-Woman if I've ever met one, and David Ian - award-winning playwrite, one-of-a-kind, funny beyond belief, on fire for God, awesome heart... I came away with pages full of notes, a muse that won't leave me along, and a renewed desire and passion for writing that I haven't experienced in a long time.

Note: I did not have the honor of hearing Jan Ackerson speak, but I talked to several who did and they were completely blown away by her teaching!

I have posted all of my conference pictures on Facebook if you'd like to check them out: FAITHWRITERS CONFERENCE 2009.

A special thanks to Scott Lindsey, FaithWriters creator and owner, for maintaining this awesome writer's community even during times when it was so tempting to give up on it.

I will try to post this week on the various things we learned at the conference. If you were not able to attend, and have questions about the conference, please post them here and I'll try to answer them for you.

By the way, for those of you who WERE at the conference, I am looking for answers to the September newsletter question: What is the best piece of writing advice you took away from the FaithWriters conference? Please click HERE to send your 1-2 sentence response.

And the countdown to the 2011 conference begins...

4 comments:

Lynda Schultz said...

Looking forward to reading your upcoming posts about the conference. I SO wanted to be there—hopefully in 2011 (that DOES seem like such a long time, doesn't it!).

dandelionfleur said...

It was a great conference. Everyone was friendly and welcoming and the sessions were full of essential and interesting information. Enjoyed meeting you, too. Thanks for all you provide.

Now it's back to the hum-drum routine of our lives. Boo hoo.

Deb Porter said...

May not be quite as long as 2011. There's a bit of a rumour doing the rounds. We'll see.... (I don't think I can wait until 2011 either ... way too long).

Dara said...

2011? Now I'm super sad I didn't get to go to this one :(