In keeping with the Teen theme, I'm posting my first Booksneeze.com review (more information on Booksneeze can be found HERE).
I chose to review Revolve 2010 - The Complete New Testament. My biggest reason for selecting this book is because I have an almost-13-year-old and this is right up her alley. Published by Thomas Nelson, Revolve provides the entire New Testament Bible in a magazine-style format. The best part of this Biblezine is that it contains all the stuff that teen girls love, such as:
- Quizzes like "Are you a talkaholic?" and "What's your learning style?"
- Interviews with popular entertainment celebrities like Jordin Sparks and Corbin Bleu
- Stories of real teens with real faith
- Guy Talk - girls can find out how and what guys actually think!
- Clips and blurbs that contain questions to ponder, verses to reflect on, and real-life scenarios to consider.
- Tips on beauty, fashion, and boys!
This 280-page book is packed with photos, and the layout is organized and colorful. Sections of the chapters are broken up by bold headings and each verse is numbered. Finding and reading scripture has never been so fun! A new issue is published every year, keeping the content fresh and relevant.
I can't wait for my daughter to discover everything this Biblezine has to offer. She will not only be able to stay immersed in the Word, but will be able to take it one step deeper with the extras that challenge her faith and make her think about life, love, and God in a fresh and more profound way.
Retails for $16.99 and is available at your local Christian bookstore.
Thanks to Thomas Nelson for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I was not required to write a positive review - the thoughts and opinions expressed were my own.