1. MONDAY: I won Nanny McFee Returns tickets from my local Christian radio station! Still haven't seen the first Nanny McFee, but I love winning, so who cares? It looks like a fun movie and I look forward to going with my daughter.
2. TUESDAY: Was "hired" to work in my church bookstore. Starting next Saturday, I will be volunteering twice (or more) per month. Seriously, as a writer, could there be a better place to volunteer my time? Don't think so.
3. TUESDAY: Last weekend, I received an email asking for an interview. I think this is only the 2nd or 3rd interview I've ever been asked to do, so I was excited about it. It mostly revolves around my experience with greeting card writing, but I also got to talk a little about my novel. The interview was posted on Tuesday. If you're interested, you can read check it out here: Creative-Writing-Now
4. WEDNESDAY: To balance out the positive and keep me humble, I received another proposal rejection to add to my collection. Sigh...
5. THURSDAY: My daughter left for Cedar Point with a friend for a few days. They were supposed to go to the park all day today, but she spent the whole day in the hotel room puking instead of riding roller coasters. It was so hard for me to be five hours away and unable to co comfort her (and hold her hair back). The good news is they did spend a few hours at the park on Wednesday afternoon so she got to experience the thrill of it all. But still, not quite the overall experience she was hoping for.
6. THURSDAY: We got a new car! I am now the driver of a very cool and sporty looking Mazda 6. I feel 10 years younger behind the wheel.
7. FRIDAY: It's my 22nd wedding anniversary! Stop gasping. I know it seems impossible that someone as young-looking as I am (especially when sitting in my new car) has been married for that many years, but it's true. In fact, I have been married for two years longer than I was single. Still trying to wrap my head around that one.
On the anniversary note, my husband and I are going on a mini romantic retreat and I am really looking forward to getting away from it all, if only for two nights. Yes, I am taking my laptop (he doesn't mind, really) and I might even see if I can fit a couple hours of uninterrupted novel writing in during the early morning hours. It would be nice to cap off my week with some actual words written. It's been a while.
So that's my week in review. Not exactly world news-worthy, but these are the headlines in my world.
What were the highlights of your week?