November...what a whirlwind of a month! Seriously, I have no idea where the days went. Here is my month in review:
- Took an overnight trip to Boyne Mountain's Avalanche Bay Water Park with the kids and my sister-in-law's family. Had a splashing good time!
- My 16-year-old son came down with mono the next week. Ugh. Usually the healthiest one of the bunch, he was down for the count for an entire week. And now, as I type this (on November 30th), he's on the couch with the stomach flu. Needless to say, November will not be Zach's favorite month of 2010.
- Went with my mom on our annual 3-day Christmas shopping event. I say "event" because that's really what it is! We power shop til we drop. This is one of the highlights of my year. It's a great kick-off to the holiday season and a wonderful bonding time with Mom.
- Hosted Thanksgiving for 13. Ate too many mashed potatoes and too much pie but loved having a house full of my favorite people (and yes, most of them were even family!)
- Writing-wise, this wasn't my most eventful month, but I did manage to review two books for FaithfulReader.com. If you're looking for a good fiction read, check out my review of Reinventing Rachel by Alison Strobel. For those who enjoy non-fiction (and are Sandi Patty fans), read my review of Sandi's book, The Edge of the Divine. Both are highly recommended!
- I am currently working on a collaborative project with three other authors. Can't say too much about it right now but I'm excited and hope something good comes out of it. If you have a second, say a prayer! And if you don't have a second to say a prayer, then you're just too busy.
- Posted my first entry on The Barn Door. If you feel so inclined, I'd love for you to check it out: Ch-ch-ch-Changes
- Oh - and I can't forget to mention that I held my annual Faithful Followers giveaway, which is still going on. If you "follow" my blog and love gift cards, be sure to enter. The winner walks away with a $15 gift card of their choice (well, the choice between 5 different cards). There are only two more days to enter, so get moving!