Friday, May 13, 2011

A fun and possibly rewarding opportunity for you

As you may or may not know, I am an Examiner for Examiner.com. Actually, I'm a double Examiner, as I have two topics. I am the National Christian Writing Examiner and the Grand Rapids Christian Fiction Examiner. I haven't been super active in the past several months, but I enjoy posting when I can. Of course, I'm passionate about both writing and fiction, so it's not much of a "job" which is a good thing because I don't make a whole lot doing it. Then again, that's probably because I don't devote a ton of time to it.

Anyway...I just wanted to throw the opportunity out there for you guys. If you are passionate about something, Examiner.com is a great platform on which you can talk about what you love. There are both national and local positions available. I have friends who hold titles of: local Frugal Examiner, Childrens Books Examiner, Church Ministry Examiner, Evangelical Examiner, and other local Christian fiction or writing Examiners. But the topics are endless. Just a few topics of interest to you may include: Reality TV, Restaurants, Shopping, Children, Marriage, Sports, Gardening, Homeschooling, Beauty, Fitness, Health, Politics...like I said, the list is endless.

The following specific Examiners in demand right now are:

*Autos & Motorcycles
*Sports
*Recreation
*News
*Green

So...if you're interested in giving it a shot and earning a bit of cash, I encourage you apply as an Examiner. If you're a writer, this is a wonderful position to add to your resume' and a great platform to get your name out there.

If you have any questions, let me know. Here's the link to apply: http://exm.nr/khwuDj

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting! Probably not for me, since my time is already stretched to the limit, but I'm sure it would be a great opportunity for a lot of writers. Thanks for taking the time to spread the word!

John-Paul DeWalt said...

Would you say more about what you do as an Examiner? My interest is in fostering creativity in my city and church. What should I examine?

Lynda Lee Schab said...

John-Paul, you could Examine anything church-related, your local creative arts/entertainment events, anything related to drama or theater ministry, etc. The possibilities are really endless. You can check out all of the current Examiner pages on www.examiner.com. I believe when you apply, you can also request a specific topic. Basically, you just report / write as often as you want (3-5 times a week is a good number of posts). You would get all of the details after being accepted (or hired) as an Examiner.

Hope this helps. Good luck with it!