Monday, May 16, 2011

Announcing the 2011 Genesis Finalists

Well, the wait is over. As a semi-finalist in the Genesis, I, along with 17 authors in my category (Women's Fiction) and dozens more writers in the other categories, kept the phone nearby, awaiting "the call" on Friday, informing us that we were 2011 finalists.

Well, my call never came. And really, that's ok. I wasn't holding my breath (good thing, or I'd be writing this from my grave), so that took away some of the disappointment. Was I bummed? Of course! But not to the point of breaking down in tears or burying my face in a half gallon of Edy's French Silk ice cream. I got my entries back from the three AWESOME judges and, I have to say, my scores were so good, I'm thinking the top three had to be near perfect. I truly am thrilled with the scores they gave me - and am so thankful for the time they put into judging this contest.

So...NOW it's time to congratulate those who DID get the call. This year, there are only 3 in each category instead of 5. Join me in cheering with these authors. Looking forward to the announcement of the winners in September!

CONTEMPORARY FICTION:
(total entries: 48)

Katy Pistole
Lori Stafford
Delores Topliff

CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE:
(total entries: 82)

Pepper Basham
Mary Curry
Jessica Nelson

HISTORICAL FICTION:
(total entries: 44)

Johnnie Alexander Donley
S.C. Iles
Renee Yancy

HISTORICAL ROMANCE:
(total entries: 73)

Sarah Ladd
Naomi Rawlings
Sherri Shakelford

MYSTERY/SUSPENSE/THRILLER:
(total entries: 47)

Dianna T. Benson
Shelley Ledfors
Bethany Macmanus

ROMANTIC SUSPENSE:
(total entries: 52)

Kelli Hughett
Renee Ann Smith
Jan Warren

SPECULATIVE FICTION:
(total entries: 54)

Patrick Carr
Matt Jones
Christian Miles

WOMEN'S FICTION:
(total entries: 90)

Sally Bradley
Camille Eide
Karen Schravemade

YOUNG ADULT:
(total entries: 65)

Pepper Basham
Stephanie Landsem
Nicole Quigley

This year, the Genesis had a whopping 556 entries! That's a 14%
increase from our numbers last year! Hooray!

AGAIN, CONGRATS TO ALL OF THE FINALISTS!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Fortunately, NOT winning a contest, doesn't mean you're not a writer and/or a good one. Getting good scores back is huge and great encouragement! Good post, Lynda!

cb
http://sunnebnkwrtr.blogspot.com/

Linnette Rochelle said...

Congrats to all the finalists...especially Pepper! You go, girl! :D

Katie Ganshert said...

Congrats to all the finalists!

Di Smith said...

Well, I hafta admit I'm bummed right along with you, Lynda. But so happy that you received good scores. That's encouraging, alright! Keep writing, girl. There is no doubt that you have a gift from the Lord.

Di Smith said...

Oh yeah, sorry, I almost forgot... Big congrats to all of the finalists - Go Shelley!!!!!

quietspirit said...

Congratulations to the finalists.
Lynda, you got good scores. Congratualations for your high numbers.