Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Birthday Surprise


So Tuesday was my 29th birthday.

Give or take a dozen years or so.

No, I won't tell you my real age, but I WILL tell you what I got for my birthday. Actually, I'll let the picture do the talking. Take a look:





I know, right? A KINDLE! (squeal!)

 Exactly what I've been wanting since forever. I'm trying to decide whether I'm more surprised to have gotten something besides gift cards (which I love receiving, by the way) or that my husband actually listened to my (gazillion) hints about wanting a Kindle. He really did surprise me, which I didn't think was possible.

But, WOW, am I one happy camper!

I hope to play around with it while I'm working my garage sale (bleh) today and tomorrow. Can't wait!

Do you have a Kindle? Do you love it? What is your favorite feature? Any tips to pass along?

8 comments:

Joanne Sher said...

ENJOY ENJOY!!! I love my husband's Kindle ;) Love yours too.

Susan said...

Happy Late Birthday, Lynda. I KNOW it was a happy one, with your new Kindle. Congratulations. Don't have one. Susan

Ralene said...

eeeek! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Kindle. I use it all the time (though I haven't given up paper books completely).

Happy Belated Birthday!

Karen Lange said...

Fun! Happy Birthday! I don't have a Kindle but am thinking about getting one for my husband for his bday this summer. And then I may have to borrow it of course...:)

Karin said...

Happy Birthday!!

I don't have a Kindle yet, but I need something soon. Traveling with 4 novels gets HEAVY! :)

Hope you love it!

Cheryl Linn Martin said...

Yay, Lynda! I don't have one yet. Kinda hoping by the time I get one they'll be in color. : )

Looks like you had a great birthday.

Lynda Schab said...

Have been playing around with it and know I'm going to love this thing. Have purchased a devotional and a fiction book so far, plus got a couple of free games included, which is fun.

Hubby done good. :-)

Afsoon and Shapour said...

I have visited your blog and enjoyed it very much. It has a great inspiration.

Would you like to visit my weblog which I created about 7 months ago?

My wife and I are Iranian and live in the UK. We love Jesus and our weblog is mostly about our Lord. Since we are Iranian we have added some Persian topics to the weblog, but you can read and watch English ones.

Our weblog is http://creation-to-eternity.blogspot.com

God Bless,

Shapour.