Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Too Many F Words

No worries! I'm not talking about the F-bomb. This blog is totally family-friendly. I'm referring to my A2Z4UandMe meme. I'm up to the letter F and there are too many words I want to feature, so I guess I'll just make a list.


FAITHWRITERS - If you've known me for any length of time, you know that I credit FaithWriters for re-jumpstarting my writing career. FaithWriters is a wonderful community of Christians who want to use their talents for God's glory. Founded and run by Scott Lindsay for many years, Scott sold FaithWriters last month in order to move in a different direction. New owners, Mike and Bea Edwards, have big plans for the site and are excited to take FaithWriters to a new level. I strongly encourage you to check it out, specifically if you are a newer writer and are looking to meet some awesome people who can encourage you and help you grow in your craft.

FACEBOOK - Is there anyone who doesn't have a Facebook account? I love connecting with my friends and family through comments, status updates, and photos, don't you? I also love the platform it offers for my work. The one downside to Facebook is the temptation to waste lots of time I could be devoting to my writing. As you may know, discipline is not my strong suit. Still working on that! And now that I've discovered Pinterest, I may really be in trouble. Question for you: How much time do you spend every day on social networks?


FORTIES - Now that I'm in my forties (NOTE: early 40s), I'm starting to feel it. And let me tell you, I don't like it one bit.The other day, I was scrubbing the bathroom floor and my shoulder went out. I couldn't have been doing something fun to make it worth the pain. No. It had to be doing the most unfun thing ever. I've decided that either I need to start doing shoulder exercises or stop cleaning. Hmmm....such decisions.

FILM - Another sign I'm getting older is that my son will be graduating in May. Frightening! Because I posted about my daughter a couple weeks ago (See D is for Daughter), I thought I'd post a couple pics of my son Zach. He's passionate about Film and will be attending film school in the fall. His ultimate interest is directing and writing (cool, right?) Looking forward to sharing in his Fame and Fortune!



FICTION - Hello...Fiction is a huge part of my life, so of course I had to include it in my F-word list. Right now I'm working on book #2 in the Madi series. I'm about halfway done with Madily in Love, and my deadline is less than three months away. Which brings me to the next F word...

FREAKING OUT! (See previous F word)

FOCUS - The key to minimizing my Freak-Outs, is FOCUS. The dictionary describes "Focus" as  Close or narrow attention; concentration. Yep, that's what I need to do. Give my novel close attention! And I will. Just as soon as I finish the laundry, plan my son's graduation open house, play on Facebook and Pinterest, and watch the latest episode of Survivor. Kidding aside, my greatest focus needs to be on prayer, which I'll definitely need a lot of in order to meet my deadline.

Okay...I could go on, but that's enough F words for today. What F words are on the tip of your tongue today?


5 comments:

Loree Huebner said...

FRIENDS - I love my friends - on or off line. We can never have too many.

FUN - Fun post, Lynda!

Lynda Lee Schab said...

You're right, Loree! I thought about FRIENDS...and blog FOLLOWERS...I'm so thankful for both! :-)

Cheryl Linn Martin said...

So, Lynda--another F word is Fifties!!! Just be glad you're not there yet! 'Course, life begins at FIFTY!

Janice Fitzpatrick said...

Thx for your F post Lynda-I could relate, although I'm with Cheryl and her Fifties word.:)(But I stopped having birthdays at 35 so I just pretend I FORGET...which happens alot with menopause, stress and being FIFTY+.:)(No, I'm not tellin'...)
I do praise the Lord for FAMILY, FRIENDS,FAITHWRITERS as well, and I'm learing too about re-FOCUSING my eyes on things that last and that matter the most...FORGIVENESS, FINDING FRAGMENTS of sunshine even in the times of darkness....and renewing my FAITH daily in Christ.
Did I mention that I love FUDGE, FUNKY FABRIC, FOUR-O'CLOCKS and writing FICTION-or did I FORGET again?:)

Lynda Lee Schab said...

Wonderful F words, Janice! :-) Thanks for stopping by.