Thursday, August 9, 2012

Discuss my book with me (and get a signed copy for cheap!)

A few months ago, Mind over Madi was selected as one of two August books of the month for the ACFW Book Club. Well, August has arrived! I look forward to the discussion, which will be starting around the 20th of this month, and I want to invite you to join me!

If you've already read my book but are not a member of the Book Club, it's super easy to join. It's through Yahoo Groups, and you do NOT need to be a member of ACFW to participate. Register here: ACFW BOOK CLUB.

If you haven't read my book yet, there's still time! If you have a Kindle, you can start reading today: KINDLE VERSION. Or, I have a few signed copies available if you'd like to order. I am selling copies for $10, plus $2.50 shipping, which is less than you could probably get it on sale for (about 30% off the retail). Leave a comment here if you're interested, and I'll contact you to make arrangements.

Mind over Madi deals with insecurities women face about themselves and their relationships. It encourages women to see themselves as the princesses they are. It's a light read, with humor throughout, but offers some food for thought. It should be an interesting discussion. I look forward to your questions and thoughts.

Here's a full description:

Madi McCall admits her husband lacks a little in the romance department, but all in all, he’s been a good husband, a good father. Now, though, she suspects Rich is having an affair with Fawn Witchburn, the mother of one of his fourth-grade students. To say Fawn shows off her “assets” more than should be legally allowed in public is an understatement, and Madi’s insecurities kick into high gear. When, in a heated moment, she asks Rich to leave and he complies, Madi is forced to deal with her issues. Issues of love and trust she’s tried so hard to avoid. Issues that trail all the way back to her childhood and make her act like a total moron.
Read an excerpt HERE




Here is a recent Amazon review, submitted by reader Stephanie Craig:

"Mind Over Madi by Lynda Schab was such a fun read. The characters seemed real and had to struggle with real issues in a very real, but funny, way. I had fun reading the book and was disappointed when I had to put the book down and go to work. Many times, I have read non-Christian chick-lit and wondered if there could ever be a Christian author who wrote chick-lit well but still held to Christian ideals. Well Lynda Schab not only did that, but the story taught me lessons that strengthened my relationship with Christ."

Again, I'd love to have you join me in discussing my book. And if you're interested in a discounted signed copy, please let me know.

By the way, the other book being discussed this month is Wildflowers from Winter, a debut novel by Katie Ganshert. I loved this book and also look forward to participating in that discussion. If you'd like to read my review of Katie's book, you can do that here: FAITHFULREADER.COM.


2 comments:

suz said...

Congratulations on your up-coming book release. May it do very well. - Karen

Lynda Lee Schab said...

Thanks so much, Suz! I appreciate that.