I'm in the mood to do something fun today so I am forgetting that this is a "Writing blog" and pretending it's a personal blog. Hope you don't mind. If you do, too bad. It's my blog and I'll do what I want with it. ;-)
So I came across this post from a few years ago and thought it was worth a re-post. I was tagged on Facebook to play a fun and rather insightful game that I think many of you might also enjoy. Once you've read this post, you are obligated (yes, obligated - it's my blog, I can make any rules I want, remember?) to post your own random facts, either in the comments here or on your own blog. But if you choose to create your own blog post, you are obligated (yes, obligated!) to leave me a link so I can check it out. It's always fun learning more about our friends! For those of you who don't know me, hopefully this will give you a glimpse into who I am.
MY RANDOM FACTS:
1. I am 44 but I only look 30.
2. I share a birthday with Sugar Ray Leonard.
3. My parents divorced when I was 12.
4. I was VERY naughty as a teenager - I won't expand on that and for those who know me today and can't believe it, just ask my mom.
5. My first job was working at KFC and I got fired for not doing the dishes fast enough (it's true!)
6. Other jobs I've had include pumping gas, hostessing, elderly home care, receptionist, and factory work - and I was never fired again!
7. I had braces twice and I need them again (wear that retainer, people!)
8. I was born-again nineteen years ago and was baptized five years later.
9. I met my husband at 7-11.
10. My husband and I celebrated our 24th anniversary last August.
11. I used to smoke a pack+ of cigarettes a day.
12. I quit smoking 16 years ago.
13. My favorite food is ice cream.
14. Ice cream and quitting smoking caused me to gain 40 pounds.
15. I started Weight Watchers last week.
16. I once had my picture taken with Mr. T and didn't go blind from looking directly at all that bling.
17. The first story I remember writing was called, "The Summer I went to Honolulu."
18. I've never been to Honolulu.
19. FaithWriters.com re-jumpstarted my writing career.
20. I quit my part-time job in January of 2008 to work from home as a freelance writer.
21. I now have two published books, with another one contracted.
22. As far as I know, even thought my maiden name is Vermeer, I am not related to the famous painter, although I like to tell people I am.
23. I know lying is wrong.
24. On that note, I'll come clean and admit I am addicted to coffee, reality television, and the Internet.
25. My biggest fear in the world is spiders.
26. I hate gardening.
27. My oldest child is almost nineteen. People often mistake me for his sister (see #1).
28. I am humbled every day by what God has done for me!
YOUR TURN! Remember to leave a link so I can read your random facts. Or posting all 28 in the comments works for me, too.