OK, so this is becoming an annual thing. For the third year in a row, I present (no pun intended) my Christmas Wish List. I've copied and pasted my list from last year and made notes on a couple of the items I may or may not have received in 2010. I've also added a couple of new wishes. Please comment and tell me what's on your list this year!
1. AN AGENT. Hello! Got this! Just after the holidays, on January 30th to be exact, I received an email from Terry Burns of Hartline Literary offering to represent me. Needless to say, I was (and still am) thrilled!
2. TIME. Didn't necessarily get more hours in the day (don't think that wish will ever be granted) but in a couple of weeks, I'll have a couple extra days at home since the consignment store where I work will be closing. You can read all about it HERE. Not quite sure whether I'll look for another part-time job or take on more freelance work, but at least for a little while, I'll be getting a few more hours each week to write, do laundry, or lay on the couch and eat bon-bons (ha!).
3. BUTT GLUE. Still waiting for the UPS guy to surprise me.
4. MY FRIEND, GINGER, TO TAKE UP READING. Honestly, I haven't seen much of my precious friend lately so I don't know how many books (if any) she picked up this year. But as a teacher's sub, I know she's at least read a few words here and there.
5. A WEEK BY MYSELF TO WRITE. Still waiting on this one. In the same way I'm looking up at the sky for that flying pig.
6. A CONTRACT! Actually, a contract from Mature Living Magazine is on its way to me for a short story they're purchasing. Should arrive before Christmas. Unfortunately, the book contract is still alluding me. Short of a miracle, it won't happen before this Christmas. But I'm staying positive - 2011, baby!
7. A KINDLE. As much as I love the feel of a book in my hand, the Kindle is just too cool to resist. Cheaper book prices, hundreds of options at my fingertips, the "read-to-me" feature, a lighter purse (those books really weigh a woman down!)...make the Kindle very appealing. I'm not holding my breath, but it's definitely on the list.
What about you? What's on your Christmas list this year?